We are seeking a full-time Accountant to join our team. The Accountant will be a hands-on professional with both a strong attention to detail and a strong service orientation. This position will report to the CEO at Vyasa and will play an integral role in ensuring the accuracy of financial records and supporting business decisions with timely reporting.
A primary tenet of this role is to offer superior support to the internal teams to ensure that their work of serving clients and candidates is seamless, effective, and efficient. Within growing companies, our work is fast-paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful candidate will be a talented professional with a passion for continual learning and development, capable of performing detailed work, with a strong ability to work in a team environment handling multiple commitments simultaneously. The ideal candidates will bring a deep passion for mission-driven, change-oriented work.
The Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage accounts payables including recording invoices and preparing disbursements;
- Prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, including performing general ledger and bank reconciliations;
- Locate and remedy discrepancies by analyzing data and reporting information timely and accurately;
- Prepares materials for clients such as expense listings and receipt packets to accompany monthly invoices;
- Conducts monthly budget to actual reports and synthesize data for reporting to the Finance Manager and senior leadership team;
- and Supports others in the finance team with overflow items such as accounts receivable, payroll processing and benefit administration.
The Staff Accountant will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics and competencies:
- Associates Degree or higher in Accounting preferred;
- Demonstrated accounting experience in reconciling accounts and bookkeeping; superb attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency with technology, including Office suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Expensify, database environments, Box, apple products and Google platforms a plus;
- Excellent and adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction;
- Comfort with taking initiative and working independently;
- Solutions-oriented; the ability to effectively problem solve and rebound from setbacks;
- and Experience with mid-size companies and mergers and acquisitions a plus.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume for the Accountant role to email@example.com
Vyasa Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.